It’s officially Summer and it couldn’t be hotter. A great reminder from mother nature to stay in tune with the environment and eat with the season. During this time we look for light, water-filled produce to keep us hydrated and cool down the body. One of our absolute favorite, cooling veggies is the cucumber. Often over-looked, this green vegetable is packed with nutrients and does some pretty amazing things for the body.
- Did you know that a cucumber is 96% water? Think hydration! There’s a reason we love to add this veggie to our green juices.
- Similar to a beet, cucumbers work to flush toxins out of the body. They are known to help with getting rid of kidney stones!
- Packed with nutrients. Hello B vitamins!
- Aids in digestion and weight loss with it’s fiber content.
- Anti-inflammatory properties.
- Potassium helps support the heart, lower blood pressure and refuel the body post-workout.
All this is to say that cucumbers are pretty awesome vegetables. Even better? Local, Certified Organic cucumbers from our friends at Sustainable Harvest.
Want to try some of our favorite cucumber drinks? Grab our BRAND NEW smoothie Mint Condition, full of cucumber, pineapple, orange and mint. Perfect for summer and dare I say, delicious with a splash of tequila? YOLO.